Public Relations Account Manager, Technology
As a Public Relations Account Manager, you are expected to support day-to-day client activities and provide guidance to junior team members through ongoing counsel and effective delegation. You will contribute to BCW’s performance by managing client relationships and integrated communication (IC) programs, satisfying and delighting clients, helping, generate new business and growing existing accounts. You are required to support our corporate strategy and your practice or office to help ensure superior client service, a winning culture and profitability.
- Act as a day-to-day client leader and maintain a clear and consistent communication channel between the client and the account team
- Manage client relationships and be the client’s key contact, counselor and strategic thinker
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills including development of various types of materials such as Q&A, key messages, holding statements, press release etc.
- Maintain a strong rapport with journalists/bloggers/media members who cover your clients’ industries and businesses to optimize channels.
- Help develop media strategies, write pitch letters and respond to media queries
- Support the digital media strategy implementation
- Be proactive during new business brainstorms and take ownership of portions of new business proposals under the guidance of Directors and senior leaders
- Coach and mentor junior team members and help them grow within the organization and are able to add value to the client and the team
- Provide on the job training to new team members on day to day tasks, delegate tasks to junior team members with clarity and oversee quality implementation within specified timelines
- Manage vendor relationships, costs and invoicing
- Be a brand ambassador and help in recruiting top talent by knowing our capabilities network
- 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience in Technology PR, preferably in an agency environment
- A good understanding of local media landscape and have established relationships with key media including the dailies, broadcast, trade media and bloggers
- Working knowledge of social media and operations of various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Strong media pitching experience and interest in media relations
- Experience with business and regional media is a plus
- Excellent project and events management skills
- Strong sense of accountability to team and to clients
- Ability to work well as a team and independently to meet deadlines